Photography & Illustration Agent
The Canvas Agency – New York, NY
PHOTOGRAPHY AND ILLUSTRATION AGENT.
The Canvas Agency is seeking a Photography & Illustration Agent in New York. The ideal candidate must have experience as an agent and or producer. The candidate must be a proactive self-starter that will seek out new opportunities for both the artists and the agency as a whole. This person must be able to maintain a positive attitude, respond calmly and efficiently to any inquiries. They must have proficient communication skills via e-mail, on the phone, and in person. The candidate must work to develop current relationships and new opportunities for photographers and illustrators, as well as create new business strategies for marketing and sales to support growth. The candidate must have proven agent and production experience with successful working artists as well as solid industry contacts and relationships.
- Working with the founder to seek out new opportunities for both the artists and the agency as a whole.
- Creating own hours and to use said time as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Fully support the needs of The Canvas Agency artists, including representation, marketing, budget negotiations, production, logistics, and accounting matters.
- In charge of planning artists’ career development and consulting on strategies for professional growth.
- Recruiting new artists that meet The Canvas Agency standard of artists.
- Tactfully manage and develop relationships with clients, brands, and agencies.
- Ability to generate leads, negotiate, manage and close deals
- Specialized knowledge of the fashion and advertising market
- Existing relationships with art buyers, editors, creative directors
- Established artist management experience, particularly in photography and illustration
- Strong connections in the fashion and advertising industry in both European and American markets
- Knowledge of contemporary photography, illustration, art, high-end fashion and publishing
- Proficient negotiation skills, familiarity with standard rates and usages
- Personable nature, with the ability to develop lasting and productive relationships with artists and clients alike
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to identify and manage priority requests, calls and meetings
- Ability to work productively under pressure, think ahead and be a consistent proactive problem solver
Compensation Salary commensurate with experience
Starting Date: Immediately
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter